Please find our policy and how we handle your information details described below:
Verktoy AS are responsible for all transactions and storage of your personal information.
Privacy Statement for Verktoy AS/Woodturningcruise (V.AS)
Verktoy AS (“V.AS”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the Woodturningcruise website, speak to a member of our customer services, or book a cruise with us.
What personal information does V.AS collect?
V.AS collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and possibly your partner, when you register for a cruise with us. This may include your name and contact details, your partner/spouse name and details and how you heard about the site.
- Transaction, billing and booking information, if you make a booking with us.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback to our website, ask a question, or otherwise contact us..
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter into a competition.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device's unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, cabins you search for or book, and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
How does V.AS use my personal information?
Depending on how you use Woodturningcruise website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your online account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To improve and maintain Woodturningcruise website, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our cruise or excursions
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a booking with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in V.AS’ legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best cruise and customer experience.
With whom does V.AS share my personal information?
V.AS needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- MS GANN/Unge Sjømenns forening. V.AS shares personal information with MS GANN as necessary to fulfill your booking and cruise. They are the technical organizer.
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimization), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example excursion companies, bus services etc). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing to promote our cruise. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
V.AS may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of V.AS our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does V.AS store my personal information, and how long for?
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Our deleting policy
Contact information – within 10 years after your last booking.
Payment information – within 10 years after your last booking (cardinformation – handled by DIBS and will be deleted after their policy)
Booking statistics will be kept as long as our government demands. It is possible to anonimize it but not delete.
What does V.AS do to protect my personal information?
Verktoy AS always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and the website Woodturningcruise has been designed with security in mind.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, we use the following security methods:
- 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption - the latest technology to encode and protect your data - which is your guarantee for a safe and secure transaction.
- Sensitive credit card information will be stored and handled by our credit card service partner DIBS AS. They are fully responsible for your details, held in encrypted format.
- Your Woodturningcruise Online Account Information are password-protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. V. AS will have access to our admin website where we need to organize and overview bookings. Only a limited number of our employees have access to this information. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email.
How does V.AS use my personal information for marketing?
We will send you information about your booked cruise by email. This is necessary information about departure times, safety, transportation and other important information. If you have not booked you will not receive any emails unless you subscribe to our newsletter.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your partner/spouse, for example from your Online Personal Profile, your booking and browsing history on Woodturnngcruise Online, and your purchase activity.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also see adverts for Woodturningcruise on third party websites, including on social media. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited the Woodturningcruise website). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
You can view and edit your Personal Profile information at any time by clicking on the 'My Profile which you can access anytime through the link in the navigation bar.
If you have forgotten your password, or have any other problems accessing the Woodturningcruise website, please contact at +47 51 88 68 00 or by email as shown above.
If you have a query regarding your personal information which you cannot resolve via My Profile, please contact us using the details below. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and V. AS will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please email email@example.com
You are also entitled to contact the Norwegian Datatilsynet if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
Firma opplysning: Verktøy AS org nr 982103916
Organisator av Woodturningcruise.
Kontaktperson: Odd Erik Thjømøe
Adresse: Sjøhagen 2, 4016 Stavanger